Summer is here and so is the hot weather! Here are some money saving tips to make sure you save money while you are gone on vacation.
- Raise the Thermostat- While you are out of town, you will not need your system to keep the house at a comfortable temperature. Raising the temperature while you are out of town can save you a lot of money on your energy bill and repairs in the future. In general, it is a good idea to set your thermostat between 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit while you are away. If you have a programmable thermostat, you can program it to have your house at a comfortable temperature the day you return.
- Surge Protection- You never know when you might lose power at your home. If there is a power outage or power surge while you are out of town, your HVAC system could become damaged. Installing a surge protector for your system can help put your mind at ease with the knowledge that your system will not be damaged due to an electrical outage.
- Air Filter Maintenance- While you are away, your system will still be running. Since it will still be running, it is important that your air filter be as clean as possible before you leave for your trip.
- Security- While many of us set up timers to turn lights on and off while we are away, we usually do not consider security measures with our HVAC system. Simply putting in sensor lights or an alarm on your system can prove to be a valuable level of protection. In addition, you could gate off or put some fencing around your system that is locked for more protection.
- Routine Maintenance- Before you leave for your trip, it is a good idea to have your HVAC technician come out and do an inspection of your system to see if there are any issues that need to be addressed. Among other things, the tech should check to make sure coils are clean, refrigerant levels are correct, the air filter is clean, electrical connections are tight, and the system is producing the right temperature drop across the evaporator coil. We recommend that you schedule air conditioner maintenance if you are going to be out of town
visit www.awmhvac.com for more information!
The post Five Tips To Prepare Your HVAC System For Summer Vacation appeared first on All Weather Mechanical Inc..